I lack the media-savvy to stir up controversy in the style of Ricky Gervais at the Golden Globes, and get myself on all the front pages of the tabloids, so I’d better just play it straight and skip to the rules:
Rules for the nominations:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate ten other bloggers of your choice.
- Link your nominees and let them know of your nomination.
And so to my seven facts…
- I am English but I lived in Japan for a considerable length of time.
- I love music, and (directly linked to number one) karaoke!
- Like Yuvi, I enjoy drawing and pencil sketching. (I also like painting with oils but the pencil and sketchbook is a lot less hassle to set up.)
- Like Holly, I enjoy interacting with the blogging community, and enjoy browsing the Reader just as much as writing new posts.
- I have been playing guitar for about seventeen years and I’m still not very good!
- I am in my early thirties and I still can’t get over the fact that the nineties finished around the same time I got my first guitar.
- I am a pretty awful runner, but, contrary to the title of my blog, I have both of my gluteus maximus muscles thoroughly invested in my efforts!
And these are my nominations, which are only a small sample of all the great blogs I have seen on WordPress…
- Olive Tree by The Sea – a beautiful website with attractive photography, there is a pervading sense of calm to this blog.
- Spaghettihead1 – worth a visit for the name alone, this is a very brave site, documenting the trials of living with a borderline personality disorder.
- thesm14 – this blog is a real life example of courage in the face of adversity. Be inspired!
- Fantasy Road – this site is overflowing with hilarious banter! Considering the extent to which the self-proclaimed King Wrecket insults his readership, I’m amazed he has any followers at all.
- I Run Elite – this blog is at the opposite end of the spectrum to my own. If you want some running advice from someone who actually knows what they’re doing, this is the place to go.
- My Stories With Music – featuring short form fiction with bespoke evocative music to match, this is a highly original blog. I especially like the song that accompanies Wonderland.
- Inexorable Spark – juxtaposing the profound with the prosaic, Nathi comes up with a range of thought provoking musings in the process.
- The Real Stories – Yoly shares anecdotes from her life, which seems to be both fascinating and tumultuous.
- cat h. bradley – writer/traveller/foodlover/yogi/runnin’ fool – this is the brilliant tag line to an equally brilliant blog – diverse and highly readable
- The Payslip Pauper – documenting one man’s quest to financial independence, this blog is well worth a read.